The Mentorship program is intended for emerging choreographers [generational or disciplinary], who will be offered 40 hours of studio time to work on their new creation. It aims to stimulate creativity in a context of artistic development. Mentorship also gives the opportunity to emergent artists to work with experienced artists, mainly choreographers. Based on the projects submitted, this program develops organically with the needs, affinities and aspirations of each of them. To be considered for a mentorship you must:
- be an emergent artist evolving in Québec;
- present a potential of promising artistic development;
- have a desire to blossom on an artistic level and demonstrate the significance of the contribution of a mentorship.
How to apply?
Please, send the following documents to email@example.com before March 1, 2017 :
- A cover letter explaining why this residency or mentorship would be important for you
- The project description, two (2) pages max.
- A list of the artists, collaborators, and partners involved.
- The choreographer's biography.
- A video excerpt [10 minutes maximum] of recent creations [optional].
- If you're applying for a studio residency or mentorship, an ideal rehearsal schedule between July 1 and December 31, 2017 [40 hours]. We will do our best to answer your needs but be informed that our member companies have priority regarding the booking of the studios.
- The date of the performances to come
In return for the support offered by Circuit-Est, the beneficiary will have to :
- write a short text explaining how this support has fed his/her professional development and/or his/her creation;
- take part in a short interview, give some pictures or video free of rights and allow Circuit-Est to use them in its communications;
- For the whole lifetime of the work :
- 1. Add the mention « NAME OF THE ARTIST OR COMPANY has been supported by Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique » on all promotional material referring to the creation and on all grant applications;
- 2. Include Circuit-Est logo on promotional material of the show;
- 3. Include a link to Circuit-Est website.
>>> For the 2016/2017 season, Jessica Serli will work under the guidance of Caroline Gravel.