These residencies are intended for emerging choreographers generational or disciplinary. To be considered for a residency you must:
- be involved in a career in contemporary dance.
- enter your work in a research perspective and questioning.
- demonstrate an artistic quality work and a distinctive and promising choreographic signature.
- already have presented your work to the public [minimum of two productions in a professional context].
- use the residency time to work on a creation intended to be broadcast.
>> For 2015/2016 season, Dorian Nusckind-Oder, Hanako Hoshimi-Caines in collaboration with Maria Kefirova and Sarah Dell'Ava will be offered hours of studio time to work on their new creation.
Each Season, Circuit-Est is able to offer a 2 weeks technical residency in the studio Jeanne-Renaud, from August 8 to 19, 2016 (Monday to Friday), or September 6 to 17, 2016 (Tuesday to Saturday). Thank you to specify the period that suits you.
- 60 hours of studio per week, for a total of 120 hours;
- A support to production during the residency;
- Access to the technical equipment of the studio Jeanne-Renaud. Extra equipment will be charged;
- 36 hours of technical service (set-up, touch ups, strike) in addition to the support offered by Circuit-Est’s technical Director and his assistant. Extra time will be charged.
>> This year, technical residency has been allocated to Daina Ashbee from June 29 to July 11.
How to apply?
Studio residencies and Technical residency
Please, send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 1, 2016 :
- A cover letter explaining why this residency or mentorship would be important for you
- The project description, two (2) pages max.
- A list of the artists, collaborators, and partners involved.
- The choreographer's biography.
- A video excerpt [10 minutes maximum] of recent creations [optional].
- If you're applying for a studio residency or mentorship, an ideal rehearsal schedule between July 1 and December 31, 2016 [40 hours]. We will do our best to answer your needs but be informed that our member companies have priority regarding the booking of the studios.
- The date of the performances to come
- If you're applying for a technical residency, specify the date that suits you between August 8 to 19, 2016 (Monday to Friday), or September 6 to 17, 2016 (Tuesday to Saturday).
In return for the support offered by Circuit-Est, the beneficiary will have to :
- write a short text explaining how this support has fed their professional development and/or their creation;
- take part in a short interview, give some pictures or video free of rights and allow Circuit-Est to use them in its communications;
- For the whole lifetime of the work :
- 1. Add the mention « NAME OF THE ARTIST OR COMPANY has been supported by Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique » on all promotional material referring to the creation and on all grant applications;
- 2. Include Circuit-Est logo on promotional material of the show;
- 3. Include a link to Circuit-Est website.
Information | 514 525-1569 | email@example.com