The studio and technical residencies are intented for emerging choreographers [generational or disciplinary]. To be considered for a residency you must:
- be involved in a career in contemporary dance.
- enter your work in a research perspective and questioning.
- demonstrate an artistic quality work and a distinctive and promising choreographic signature.
- already have presented your work to the public [minimum of two productions in a professional context].
How to apply ?
Studio residency and Technical residency
Please, send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15, 2017, at 5pm. Folders with project descriptions and videos exceeding the imposed limits will not be considered.
- A cover letter explaining why this residency or mentorship would be important for you
- The project description, two (2) pages max.
- A list of the artists, collaborators, and partners involved.
- The choreographer's biography.
- A video excerpt [10 minutes maximum] of recent creations [optional].
- If you're applying for a studio residency or mentorship, an ideal rehearsal schedule between July 1 and December 31, 2017 [40 hours]. We will do our best to answer your needs but be informed that our member companies have priority regarding the booking of the studios.
- The date of the performances to come
- If you're applying for a technical residency, a period must be specified among the following:
July 3 - 14, 2017 | August 14 - 25, 2017 | September 18 - 29, 2017
In return for the support offered by Circuit-Est, the beneficiary will have to :
- write a short text explaining how this support has fed their professional development and/or their creation;
-take part in a short interview, give some pictures or video free of rights and allow Circuit-Est to use them in its communications;
For the whole lifetime of the work:
- Add the mention « NAME OF THE ARTIST OR COMPANY has been supported by Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique » on all promotional material referring to the creation and on all grant applications
- Include Circuit-Est logo on promotional material of the show;
- Include a link to Circuit-Est website.
- A support to production during the residency;
- Access to the technical equipment of the studio Jeanne-Renaud. Extra equipment will be charged;
- 30 hours of technical service (set-up, touch ups, strike) in addition to the support offered by Circuit-Est’s technical Director and his assistant. Extra time will be charged.