These residencies are
intended for emerging choreographers generational or disciplinary. To be
considered for a residency you must:
- be involved in a career in contemporary dance.
- enter your work in a research perspective and questioning.
- demonstrate an artistic quality work and a distinctive and promising
- already have presented your work to the public [minimum of two productions in
a professional context].
>> For 2016/2017
season, Jacques Poulin-Denis, Amélie Rajotte, Parts+Labor_Danse and Jason
Martin will be offered hours of studio time to work on their new creation.
Circuit-Est is able to offer a 2 weeks technical residency in the studio
- 50 hours of studio per week, for a total of 100 hours;
- A support to production during the residency;
- Access to the technical equipment of the studio Jeanne-Renaud. Extra
equipment will be charged;
- 30 hours of technical service (set-up, touch ups, strike) in addition to the
support offered by Circuit-Est’s technical Director and his assistant. Extra
time will be charged.
>> This year,
technical residency has been allocated to Martin Messier from August 8 to 19,
2016 for is projet Corps mort.
How to apply ?
Studio residencies and
Please, send the
following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 1, 2017 :
- A cover letter explaining why this residency or mentorship would be
important for you
- The project description, two (2) pages max.
- A list of the artists, collaborators, and partners involved.
- The choreographer's biography.
- A video excerpt [10 minutes maximum] of recent creations [optional].
- If you're applying for a studio residency or mentorship, an ideal
rehearsal schedule between July 1 and December 31, 2017 [40 hours]. We will do
our best to answer your needs but be informed that our member companies have
priority regarding the booking of the studios.
- The date of the performances to come
- If you're applying for a technical residency, specify the date that suits
you (dates will be confirmed with Circuit-Est).
In return for the support offered by Circuit-Est, the beneficiary will
have to :
- write a short text explaining how this support has fed their
professional development and/or their creation;
-take part in a short interview, give some pictures or video free of rights and
allow Circuit-Est to use them in its communications;
For the whole lifetime of the work:
- Add the mention « NAME OF THE ARTIST OR COMPANY has been supported by
Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique » on all promotional material referring to
the creation and on all grant applications
- Include Circuit-Est logo on promotional material of the show;
- Include a link to Circuit-Est website.
Information | 514 525-1569 | email@example.com