These residencies are intended for emerging choreographers generational or disciplinary. To be considered for a residency you must:
- be involved in a career in contemporary dance.
- enter your work in a research perspective and questioning.
- demonstrate an artistic quality work and a distinctive and promising choreographic signature.
- already have presented your work to the public [minimum of two productions in a professional context].
>> For 2016/2017 season, Jacques Poulin-Denis, Amélie Rajotte, Parts+Labor_Danse and Jason Martin will be offered hours of studio time to work on their new creation.
Each Season, Circuit-Est is able to offer a 2 weeks technical residency in the studio Jeanne-Renaud.
- 50 hours of studio per week, for a total of 100 hours;
- A support to production during the residency;
- Access to the technical equipment of the studio Jeanne-Renaud. Extra equipment will be charged;
- 30 hours of technical service (set-up, touch ups, strike) in addition to the support offered by Circuit-Est’s technical Director and his assistant. Extra time will be charged.
>> This year, technical residency has been allocated to Martin Messier from August 8 to 19, 2016 for is projet Corps mort.
How to apply?
Studio residencies and Technical residency
Please, send the following documents to email@example.com before March 1, 2017 :
- A cover letter explaining why this residency or mentorship would be important for you
- The project description, two (2) pages max.
- A list of the artists, collaborators, and partners involved.
- The choreographer's biography.
- A video excerpt [10 minutes maximum] of recent creations [optional].
- If you're applying for a studio residency or mentorship, an ideal rehearsal schedule between July 1 and December 31, 2017 [40 hours]. We will do our best to answer your needs but be informed that our member companies have priority regarding the booking of the studios.
- The date of the performances to come
- If you're applying for a technical residency, specify the date that suits you (dates will be confirmed with Circuit-Est).
In return for the support offered by Circuit-Est, the beneficiary will have to :
- write a short text explaining how this support has fed their professional development and/or their creation;
- take part in a short interview, give some pictures or video free of rights and allow Circuit-Est to use them in its communications;
- For the whole lifetime of the work:
- Add the mention « NAME OF THE ARTIST OR COMPANY has been supported by Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique » on all promotional material referring to the creation and on all grant applications
- Include Circuit-Est logo on promotional material of the show;
- Include a link to Circuit-Est website.
Information | 514 525-1569 | firstname.lastname@example.org